Saturday, October 26, 2013

Welcome to Raising Ignacia!



Welcome!

This is my newest blog-venture where I will be documenting my family's journey to Ignacia. We are the first to buy and build on this street and we are excited to be able to watch every aspect of our home being built, as well as the rest of the homes on our street. And all of you future buyers of homes on Ignacia, while we wont document your homes being built, we will happily welcome you to Ignacia when your house is complete and you move in.

For me, homeownership is something I've always wanted. Ive rented for 18+ years in various apartments and houses in many different cities. However, it wasn't until I lived in Georgetown did I realize I was ready to buy. After looking at several homes, I knew this neighborhood was where I wanted to be. It offers wonderful sidewalks for walking to and from the amenity center, which I know my kids and I will frequent many times over. It has wonderful proximity to major arterials as well as the backroads to places I frequent. This will be a wonderful neighborhood to stay in.

Ignacia is in the section being built by KB Homes. I know many people have bad experiences, however thousands more have wonderful experiences.  I know there are people in this world who are quick to blame someone else for their problem when in fact it might have been their own error such as not following through with scheduled maintenance checks or not registering their appliances for warranty. I plan on documenting mine to be a voice for those who haven't gotten up to say they love their KB Home.

I am told the building process will take 4-5 months. Here, you will see a daily picture of our home's current status as well as a short synopsis of what is going on at that time. I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I do.

Don't forget to subscribe!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I plan on seeing lots of the progress in person!

Mom