Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 48: Trenches and Soil



Today while I was driving up to my homesite, I saw another couple meandering around their site, too. As I drove by I nodded and smiled. A few moments after getting out of my car, and they saw me taking pictures, they came over and introduced themselves.

"Looks like we'll be neighbors!" the man said, smiling. I shook both of their hands and we chatted excitedly. Turns out we're building the same house with different elevations. They opted for 'C' with the tall pillars; I opted for 'B' with the porch. I had to cut our chat short since I had to pick up the kids before closing time, but am happy to meet such super nice people. They will be great neighbors, Im sure.


 


Today, I discovered that we have trenches! And do you see that pile of black dirt? You can definitely tell this land was farmland. We have great soil here. Thankfully not much caliche. Our trees and plants will love growing here in this nutrient-rich earth. Not to mention that trees can dig deeper roots here, too. Wont be long and we'll have pipes and be ready for having the slab poured.

No comments: