Monday, April 7, 2014

First Weekend as a Homeowner

This weekend was the first weekend of my whole entire life as a homeowner. When I arrived at school to pick the girls up, I brought their keys, jingling in my hand. Their faces said it all: long awaited happiness and excitement.

We took over our air mattresses, a cooler with some water, and a few other things that we'd need. We basically setup camp so we could spend the weekend there enjoying the house. And we did. It felt so good to be there. On Sunday morning it rained! I loved listening to it. My yard and new trees loved it, too, I'm sure.

This picture is the first sunrise I was able to witness as a homeowner. It's a cool, brisk day and looks like rain. The sunrise will be lovely to see everyday while I get ready for work.



 Today the wood blinds rep came and measured. It'll take about two weeks or so for them to arrive.  In the meantime I put up temp shades over the windows in the areas we were using (gameroom, bedroom, baths, etc). Next my IKEA sofa and the girls' beds arrived. Tomorrow they'll get assembled. Soon I need to order the appliances and mattresses.

No comments: