Monday, April 14, 2014

The Busyness of Homeownership

This first week is definitely keeping me on my toes with all that is still going on with my new home. A third-party building inspector stopped by for final inspection. KB guys came by to install the bullnose that was missing in the 2nd bathroom and by the stairs in the entry.
 
I've had my electricity, water, cable, internet and phone installed. New furniture (kids' beds and a new couch) has been delivered and assembled. I've registered all of my appliances for their warranties.
Now, today, the garage door company is coming to install my opener. My security system company is coming to activate my service and walk me through how NOT to set it off. I can already see that happening. And David, my handyman, is coming to go over a slew of things I have asked him to help me with. 
 
All that and it's only Wednesday morning!
 
It makes me so happy when people come in and comment on my home. It's nice to hear what other people think, and to be affirmed in my choices. Afterall, if I ever had to sell, at least I can be assured people would like my home.
 
I've starting making trips. I have so much to do, yet Im really looking forward to setting up my new home.  This is probably my final posting on this blog, since it was mostly about the building of my home. If you'd like to follow me from here on, please check out my new blog at www.gracingignacia.com, where I'll be posting about decorating, some cooking, a little gardening and just family life in general.
 
Thanks for reading my blog! I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have. See you on the new one!

No comments: