Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 73: Moseying on the Boulevard

Freezing weather is once again putting a kink in the plan to pour my slab. That's okay. I'd rather it be done in warmer weather instead of now and risk it being damaged. So we wait.

In interesting news... today as I was driving thru La Conterra, at the stop sign, what did I spy? Cows! Yup! Right there behind the houses that border the retention area. They were standing on the grass and sidewalk looking around as if they were teenagers who had snuck out and we're in new territory. I guess they had!

There was about 10 of them. Brown. Black. Cream. One of the black ones had horns. He (?) just stood there, watching me.

I drove by slowly yet carefully so they didn't charge. Then I called animal control. When I drove back around, they turned and went back across the retention area and many found their way back into the area they had come from. One stood back there for a while.

Animal control took their sweet time getting there and the cows were gone by that time. They were going to do nothing!  I guess it could happen again? lol. Only in Texas, right? It sure wasn't something I expected to see today.

I only wish I had thought to snap a pic. :/

No comments: