Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 76: We Have a Slab!

This morning Jose called to inform me that they were able to go ahead and pour the slab. The slab! We have a slab! They're still in finishing it up, waiting for more concrete to arrive, but of course I had to dash right on up there!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The main foundation is poured. Just waiting on more concrete to arrive so they can finish the garage and porch. I cant wait to see it without all of the wood forms.
 
 
 

This machine is called a concrete boom pump. Its used to pump concrete from the truck into the slab form. There's one guy who uses a remote control and, moving this big elephant arm-like machine to wherever the other guy directs it. It shoots out concrete and slowly moves around, filling up the space. Then it gets smoothed out and perfected by the crew. Pretty neat, huh? I thought so.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I think this is my favorite picture:
 
 
 
 
 
Watch for more pictures to come! I'll be back a few times today with Mom and then again with the kids. It'll be fun to see it each time. :)

No comments: