Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Day 89: Standing Water in Kitchen

Today I stopped by without the kids on my way home and discovered a large puddle in the kitchen. You could see where the water seeped under the wood into the garage, too. When Raymond, the new construction superintendent, came over to inspect, he informed me that the kitchen pipe was opened and realigned so it would fit into the drywall. The water in the pipe must have been what spewed out everywhere. All of the pipes everywhere else looked to be in good shape, no leaks. We did see that the plumber had been upstairs however no leaks there.

I also asked him what they do for the pipes when we have freezing weather, which we're supposed to have tomorrow. He advised that they would turn the water off and drain the line so that the pipes don't burst. I was glad to hear that!

Not much else is going on here. I did see that the main house is shingled, porches not yet. I didn't take a picture but will tomorrow and post it back here.

No comments: