Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 87: The Puddle

Today the kids and I had a late lunch with my mom then afterwards she took the kids while I went over to see the house. I was looking forward to having a few minutes alone in my house.
 
However, as I was walking around, I spotted a puddle in the pantry area. With the new plumbing close by, I checked to see if there was a leak. No, there wasn't anything dripping from any pipe. All of the wood was dry so I knew there wasn't a leak upstairs.
 
This puddle was a mystery. I bent down closer to inspect and caught a whiff. Urine! Uhh.... now I'm angry. Someone peed in my pantry? What a vulgar pig!
 
I know it wasn't an animal's mark because there was too much. Plus, there were crews all around on other homesites with delivery trucks and loud noises. No, this was most definitely human, and deliberate.
 
I snapped a couple of pictures and immediately shot them off to my salesman and construction superintendent.  Chance called me and I explained what I found.  Within minutes Raymond arrived and took a look at the problem.
 
I did notice that now the puddle was soaking into the slab somewhat which tells me that this was done very recently. Raymond was angry as much as I was and called someone. He advised it would be cleaned and the wood removed and replaced.
 
I guess I should be glad that I went over there but instead I'm sad that someone chose to purposely deface my house, damaging it and tarnishing my excitement of building my first home.
 
I know KB will make this right. Raymond is seeing to that, however it sure makes me wish I could lock up the house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: