Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day 79: Slab Picnic Play Day

Today is the last day that the slab will look like this.  Framing begins tomorrow. With the weather as beautiful as it is expected to be, I'm sure the crew will try to move fast in getting as much done as they can before it's cold and/or rainy again. 

To celebrate, we decided to pick up breakfast and eat it picnic style on the slab. This is our one and only chance so we're going to take advantage.  We even brought some chalk to leave the crew a thank you note.

From this day forward, we'll be seeing daily changes, watching all of the pieces that go into building a house, and celebrating each one as they come into fruition. This part is going to be amazingly fun!

As per Jose, the house should be done in about 2.5 months.  That will be around the 20th of March. I'm sure rain days and such could delay that though. I really don't care when it happens. I'm going to enjoy the ride til then.

In news of my mortgage, KB Home and NationStar joined up to create a new mortgage company which will be servicing mine. The new company is called Home Community Mortgage.  It won't be too much longer and I'll be able to lock in an interest rate. Hoping they go down a little so I can get a super low rate. 

Anyway, hope you'll stay tuned as this ride is about to go into turbo speed!


No comments: