Sunday, March 2, 2014

Day 128: Granite

So it appears I'm unsettled with the granite. At first when I saw it, I was surprised because it was not how I had envisioned or designed. I had my heart set on the sample that I had picked out and ordered at the design studio, and the colors it entailed. I picked out other things based on my kitchen centerpiece--the granite. I chose espresso cabinets to match the chocolate sparkles that Delicatus is known for. I liked the contrast between dark cabinets and white countertops. I chose a sleek, pure white back splash to go with it as well. 
And after lamenting, pouring over pictures, going to see it in person more than once this past weekend, and doing a lot of research, I know this is *not* Delicatus.  

I am convinced this granite is Arctic Cream. I can find plenty of pictures of that and it all looks like what I have installed. It features a beige-ish, latte-colored background with dramatic, striking black lines. It's not white at all.


I have found no other pictures anywhere--not on granite websites, not on blogs, not on home building websites, not on pinterest or Houzz, not even on Summit Stoneworks' website (the granite company who installed this) -- not once have I found a picture of Delicatus that looks like this.
Im definitely going to have to talk to Raymond and Jennifer about this.




 
 
 
 
 

No comments: