Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 20: Kennewick


Isnt this brick gorgeous?! I first fell in love with this brick when I fell in love with the house over on Waizel Way (in another KB Home neighborhood). I came really close to buying that house, however underwriting made me wait. Luckily for me, too, because now Im building my own and getting to experience all that goes along with it. Im designing my own home from the ground up.
 
After picking out my preliminary selections yesterday and going over budget, I went home and slept on it. I talked to friends and family and thought some more. Then I made a list. I crossed out the things I knew I could add on later with the help of a handyman, or as a DIY type thing, and I then settled upon the flooring. It seemed a bit steep so I checked with Fabulous Jennifer, my designer at the KB Home Studio, and we discussed adding in some laminate flooring in lieu of some of the tile. When she sent me back a new quote, I was over the moon happy. This was the fix I needed to be able to keep all of the other goodies I have planned.
 
Then came the brick. As I said before, I wasn't gaga over the one I chose, even though I love looking at it in the neighborhood. One woman I spoke with while driving around looking at brick told me that her neighbor has it and two others down her street. Yeah, no thanks. I dont want to be a cookie cutter. And, since my house is on the corner, it needs to wow people, right?
 
So, I keep going back to the Waizel Way house. I loved that brick! It isn't one of the "included" options with KB, however Im having Fabulous Jennifer quote me on it. Keep your fingers crossed that the tile-laminate swap will be able to fund the brick. Then we're all set!
 
Here are a few more pictures of Kennewick brick from the house over on Waizel Way:
 









No comments: