Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 23: Narrowing It Down One By One

 
Tonight I finally feel more at peace than yesterday. Today I drove around the neighborhood again and looked back at some of the pictures that Ive taken of houses with brick that I like. Im happy to report that I have narrowed it down. I now know I like four different ones, and am probably going to nix one of those today.
 
This part is so hard for me. I want my house to be attractive. Since Im on the corner, and a two story, the whole side that faces Grand Junction Trail (the street shown above) will be very visible. I want to be proud of my house and have it reflect my style and taste rather than picking a fad color. I know I want dimension. I don't want a brick that looks like it's been rolled on, all one color, boring. I want something with flecks and shades and character. In the future, one day, I'll need to paint my home and I'll have to pick paint based on the brick. Im considering that, too. Also, my kids and I have to look at this every day. I have to live with it and like it. I need to make a smart choice here. I'll post more when I have it more firmed up.
 
The above picture was taken today while my mom, the kids and I snuck into the house to view its progress. This shows my lot from a completely different view. I do have a great lot!

No comments: