Saturday, November 23, 2013

Day 29: Plot Plan Update


 
 
 
Welcome to Week #5!
 
Today Chance, my super salesman, went out in the neighborhood with the construction manager and discussed my plot plan in detail. I made my way in that direction as well, after not hearing back from him. Along with another salesman there in La Conterra, who was very helpful, we all went out to see another lot with a similar "C drain type" plot plan (same as mine, above) and we were able to see how water would drain as well as how the driveway would be graded. The lot we looked at had a 11% grade. Mine will be 14%, which means there will be greater area for water to collect. We saw water collecting just from a worker power washing. That is not okay with me.
 
They did say that when the time comes for my driveway to be paved, that I can come out and check on the grade and we could then talk about installing a French drain, if necessary. And if, once Im in the home and we have a heavy rain, water collects then I may have to make even further improvements to make sure water drains away from the home and into the yard.
 
Im not keen about their answer as there wasn't a solution offered, nor was the construction manager present. I feel as if my concerns weren't addressed, but rather the salesman said it best, "the train has left" and therefore there isn't anything I can do about it.
 
Going to talk to my broker and see what his thoughts are.
 

No comments: