Sunday, November 3, 2013

Day Nine: Homebuyer Education Complete



I'm having some technical difficulties with my computer lately so my posting might be delayed. Sorry about that!

In the meantime, Jaime, my mortgage broker, is getting my paperwork in line for me to get a mortgage credit certificate (MCC). The MCC is only available to first time homebuyers. It gives me up to $2,000 off my taxes each year but it can be done in such a way that I take home more of my paycheck each month rather than wait for filing my tax return. That'll be nice!

For that, a requirement was that I needed to complete a homeowners education course. Jaime sent me a link so I could take it online, which I completed last night and got the certificate.

Now I'm just waiting for the double thumbs up. Say a prayer for me that it'll happen this week? Thanks. :)

No comments: